Agora Deposit: H 17:4
Title:   Terracotta Deposit
Category:   Fill
Description:   An area about 10m2. on the lower northwest slopes of the Areopagus, southeast of the archaic fountain house. A dumped fill to the end of the 3rd quarter of the 7th c. B.C., containing many votives, overlying the fallen clay walls of the houses of Geometric times.
Notes:   TCD# corresponds to Terracotta Deposit numbers. See TCD Plan pp. 399-400 and list with TCD boxes numbers (and the lots they correspond to).
This large deposit encompasses H 16:6, H 17:2, H 17:3, H 17:7 and the objects are listed both here and in their separate deposits. [pf 2007]
Bibliography:   Hesperia 87 (2018), pp. 633-679
    Hesperia 2 (1933), pp. 542-640.
    Agora IV, p. 241.
    Agora VIII, pp. 128-129.
    Agora XXIII, p. 333.
Chronology:   7th c. - 625 B.C.
Date:   11 February 1932
31 March-4 May 1932
Section:   ΣΤ
    ΣΤ'
Grid:   ΣΤ:45/ΙΗ
    ΣΤ:45-47/Κ
    ΣΤ:35-36/ΙΓ-ΚΒ
    ΣΤ:43/ΙΘ
    ΣΤ':45/Κ-Γ
References:   Publications (5)
Publication Pages (34)
Images (28)
Objects (333)